Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! Today I wanted to talk about getting out of our comfort zone and five reasons why you should try something new. A couple of weeks ago I took my son to park which happened to have a little skate park too. He found an abandoned skateboard and started to learn how to use it. I remember just sitting there watching him and being so proud of him for not being afraid to try something new. He wasn’t afraid of falling or letting any of his fears get in his way of learning something new. I honestly believe sometimes it takes looking life through a child’s eyes, to make you face your fear of the unknown and of failure. Here are five reasons you should try something new.
5 Reasons You Should Try Something New
1. Find a new hobby – A couple of months ago I decided to switch up my workout routine and try Zumba. I am so glad I didn’t let my misconception of what Zumba was stop me from trying out the class. I fell in love, and now when I want to mix up my cardio or brush up on my dancing skills I take a Zumba class.
2. Gain a new perspective – Sometimes we have misconstrued perception of the unknown, and most of those notions are negative thoughts based on fear. Trying something new will help you get a better perspective and help over come your fear of the unknown.
3. Learn more about yourself – Trying new things will help you realize your strength and weakness. You might realize you are surprising good at something new, or that you maybe aren’t so great at it. But you will never know unless you try.
4. Keeps You From Being Complacent – It can be so easy to do the same thing over and over again because we are good at it. But often that leads to complacency. It’s good to have a little stress of trying something new, or even to be challenged and fail. You will only grow and learn something new if you try something new.
5. Push Pass Your Fear – I think the biggest thing that holds us back from trying new things is the fear of failure, or the fear of what others might think. Trying something new allows us to push pass those fears that are holding us back.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
How cute are these leggings and sports bra? I love the material and fit of this workout set. Jayden is probably the coolest little guy I know. I love his fun and fearless attitude. He definitely keeps me on my toes as a mom. He inspires me to learn something new everyday. I even did a little skateboarding because Jayden wanted to see his mommy do it! Check out the video below! Haha luckily I didn’t land on my face! What are some things you would like to try but are afraid to do? Comment below and let me know. Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Subscribe for weekly newsletters so you never miss a single post!