August is coming to an end and today I share this month’s August favorites. Also, today Jayden starts his first day of preschool. I should have been there with his dad to drop him off, but instead I am dropping of my mom at the airport so she can take a trip home to attend my Aunt’s funeral in the Philippines. If you’ve been following my blog then you know this is the second death in the past two weeks I have been dealing with. You can read a little about the first one here.
Thank you 4Eursole for sponsoring this post. As always all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting those who support this blog.
A couple weeks ago I wore this adorable outfit for a play date with my mom friends. It was the perfect outfit for the warmer weather we have been having. As summer approaches, every mom will be looking for a comfortable, yet fashionable outfits they can run around with their kiddos in. Today on the blog I am partnering up with 4EurSole to share 5 summer fashion trends for moms that every mom needs to have in their closet!
Lately I have had some of my friends ask me about my secret to loosing all my pregnancy weight. So how did I do it? How did I loose all 35lbs of my pregnancy weight? Well first let me give you a little background of myself before I got pregnant.
Three years ago I moved to Florida to pursue my career. I was unhealthy, I drank, I ate whatever I want, partied till the light of day, and was in the worse shape of my life. Moving to Florida gave me a wake up call, and I decided to pursue a healthier lifestyle. I gave up drinking, eating out, and even entered myself in a bodybuilding competition. I was probably the fittest I had ever been in my life.
Let’s be honest, it isn’t the easiest thing to get ready let alone be fashionable when you are juggling a baby, let alone multiple kids. But as a mother, I believe you can still be stylish by keeping 5 must have fashion staples in your closet. Pieces that can coordinate with almost anything, yet comfortable for everyday wear, and seemingly effortless look when put together. So mom’s listen up, if you don’t have these things in your closet, here’s an excuse to go shopping!
1. A flowy blouse – You can’t go wrong with a flowy blouse. It’s a classic top that is comfy, easy to dress up or down, and great when you feel a little bloated to wear anything fitted. I love blouses where you can fold the sleeves up like the one I’m wearing. This blouse is a major steal for less than $15! It’s hard not to get one in every color. I had to get my favorite color of course!
2. Reversible tote bag– Can’t decide between brown or black? No worries this tote is reversible! How amazing is that? Totes are a must have when you are a mom. You never know what extra things you might end up stuffing in your purse. For me it’s usually shoes or socks my little one manages to take off during the day. A simple leather tote like this is great for being stain resistant, chew resistant (my baby loves to chew on my purse now that he is teething), and goes great with everything.
3. Perfect fitted skinny/straight jeans – If you don’t have a skinny or straight jean, please go to the Buckle and they will help you find your perfect fit. I know some people are still stuck to their bootcut or flare ways, but skinny and straight jeans are so much more versatile. You can cuff them like a capri, wear it inside boots, or wear them with flats and wedges. I absolutely love my Miss Me destructed skinnies. They are the perfect wash, with a little bit of bling for an added flare. You can get these on sale right now at the Buckle. Plus they are doing a denim promotion where you can get a free backpack for school with a purchase of two jeans. Yes I am partial to Buckle jeans because not only do I wear it, but I have worked with the company for over 5 years and know how much quality and effort goes in every pair. Plus the customer service is exceptional.
4. Cute comfy flats – I love these Valentino inspired flats I bought at the Red Dress Boutique. They are absolutely adorable and go with everything. Perfect for running errands or for work.
5. Accessories – last but not least accessories. It can be as easy as putting on a necklace, earrings, and/or a bracelet. But your accessories make your outfit, so don’t forget to accessorize! Here are some of my must have pieces below.
Michael Kors Brilliance Statement Pavé Midi X Ring
Kendra Scott ‘Ripley’ Triangle Stone Bracelet
Burd Life Aurora Goddess Bracelet
Monogram Initial Necklace (1 letter)- Gold
Wild Diva Lounge Studded Pointed Toe T-Strap Flats
Yellow V Neck Half Sleeve Loose Blouse
Miss Me Cuffed Ankle Skinnies
Street Level Reversible Vegan Leather Tote & Wristlet
So hopefully these 5 must haves will help you look stylish and feel fashionable for whatever the occasion may be. Moms, what are some of your must haves in your closet?
P.S. If you love this post make sure you subscribe to my blog so you can get post like this sent directly to your email. 🙂
Like most mom’s I want the best for my child, especially when it comes to what I am feeding him. I’m a big advocate in making baby food, not only because of the health benefits with less preservatives, but also because you save tons of money by doing so. An individual container of baby food cost at least $1.50. If you feed your baby 3 times a day for a whole month it would cost you roughly $126. But making your own baby food would save you at least $100 a month. Below I will show you how I make baby food in bulk for the week, using the products below. Consult your pediatrician to make sure your child is ready for whole foods. We started when Jayden was 4 months after getting the ok from our doctor.
I am a big fan of frozen veggies and fruits. They have a great selection of ready to steam veggies from peas, to broccoli, to mix blends that make great baby food. I like to blend veggies and fruit together for taste. Apples and bananas are easy fruits to blend and works well with veggies. It’s honestly personal preference and what your baby likes. Usually for every bag of veggies I mix two apples.
1. Set out bag of veggies and let it thaw out.
2. Once thawed out blend veggies and fruit separately (I use a Nutribullet for all my blending needs)
3. Combine in large tupperware
The smaller tupperware is how I measure out how much to prepare for each meal. I fill 75mml of blended baby food and warm up in microwave or bottle warmer. I mix the food with a scoop of formula and two spoonful of rice cereal for a thicker consistency. The rice cereal is optional, but I like it because it is filling . One bag of veggies usually last him a week.
So for all you Mom’s who want to save money, save time, and give your baby the best, try it out, and let me know what you think! And if you love this simple and easy tip share it with a friend!
P.S. For more healthy tips and fitness advice follow my IG @dawnpdarnell_wefit!