To be succesful at anything in life you have to set a goal and create a plan to achieve it. If you are looking to get fit you are going to have to plan uninterrupted times to workout. Some of you might be starting off, others might be getting back on track, but whatever stage your at set a goal, create a plan, and work for it. It’s creating little habits that lead to bigger successes.
First look at your schedule and plan at least 3 days where you have one hour or two hours blocked off to either go to the gym, complete a workout video, attend boot camp, walk or run around your neighborhood. If three days are all you can afford right now, then do it. If you go more than three days, then do it. Schedule it in your planner. Like they say, think of your workouts as important meetings you’ve scheduled for yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.
If you’ve never been to the gym and just don’t know where to start, try a group class. Every week get out of your comfort zone and try a new class. You might be surprised how much you learn, and you might find a new workout buddy! Sometimes it’s the fear of the unknown that keeps us from reaching our goals.
When planning a workout plan I recommend breaking up your body parts. Your workouts should change monthly to prevent your body from plateauing. As your body changes and becomes stronger you have to challenge it with different things to keep progressing. Here are some helpful links of workout plans from beginners to advanced.
Remember set realistic goals and create a schedule that works for you. Challenge yourself every day, every week, every month to do a little more than you did before. If you want this bad enough you will make the time. It takes 21 days to make a habit, 12 weeks to see changes, and never quit to make it part of your lifestyle. You can do it!
P.S. Follow my Facebook page here for more fitness tips!
Hey guys I wanted to share my first ever “Mommy and Me” workout video with ya’ll. This is a fun little video we did outside showing a couple of exercises you can do with with your baby. Jayden loves working out with me. He is at the stage where he is curious about everything and wants to be a part of everything mommy does. Not only is it a great bonding activity with the baby, but it actually helps him sleep through the night. Try it out and let me know what ya’ll think!
3 sets, 1 minute each exercise followed with 1 minute jumping jacks and 1 minute burpees.
Three months postpartum and I’m finally ready to get myself back on track. It took me a while to get my body and mind right to where I could take the time to really focus on my fitness goals. I created this personal 90 day program to get back to living a healthy lifestyle. The first 30 days I will be focusing on creating healthy habits. Here are my resolutions for the first 30 days of my 90 day challenge.
My diet resolutions:
This month for my diet, I will not be tracking my macros or calories. Instead I will focus on making healthy choices and creating healthy habits that will set me up for success in the future.
1. I will not eat fast food with the exclusion of Subway or Chic Filay and only once a week. There was a time in my pregnancy where I use to eat fast food everyday, no joke!
2. I will only eat out when I am celebrating with family and friends, and that also means no take out or delivery. When you make eating out a special event, it won’t be part of your daily routine.
3. I will eat protein for lunch and dinner whether its from a protein powder or an animal. Getting enough protein is very important for fat loss and muscle gain. I struggle with it because I don’t like to eat meat. I’m more of a “carbivore”.
My workout resolution:
1. I will exercise for 30 min at least 3 days a week. It doesn’t matter where I work out, if I’m at the gym, at the park, or at home, as long as I work out for at least 30 minutes. Click here for the fitness apps I use for workouts on the go.
2. When I go to the gym I will follow this 30 day total body workout from Fitness RX. Having a monthly plan when I go to the gym saves me time and also allows me to track my progress. You can print it out here.
3. I will attend two group fitness class a moth. I eventually want to teach my own fitness class, and there is no better way to learn than to be part of it. Also I get bored easily and I love trying new things, and group exercise classes are a great way to mix things up!
My mind and spirit resolution:
1. I will go to church at least once a month. Faith has always been important to me and going to church has always helped strengthen my faith. I struggled going to church when I was pregnant and recently went for the first time this year with my family. I want it to be a priority in my life and for my son as well.
2. I will make time to go on dates with my husband on the weeks he has off. I have taken this for granted lately since I’ve had my baby. Sometimes we get so caught up in the baby and doing family things that we rarely take time to spend with just each other. I want to make sure I have a good life balance with my family, my marriage, my work, and fitness.
3. I will not let my situation become an excuse. Its been really easy lately to blame everything on having a baby, my bad moods, my lack of time, or sleep, my unhealthy habits, ect., but I don’t want that to be the reason why I don’t get things done. I know having a child is challenging, but it’s not an excuse. Where there is a will, there is a way.
I am really excited to get back on track and I can’t wait to see my progress in the next 30 days. It won’t be an overnight transformation but each step will help me get closer to my goal. It may take longer than 90 days for me to get to where I want to be, but its a plan to set me up for success. And for any successful fitness transformation, it must be one built on healthy habits. I challenge you to create your own personal 30 day challenge, and challenge yourself to make daily improvements. It takes just a step at a time to eventually get where you want to be. Be patient, work hard, and never give up. What will you do to be a better you?
Thank you for following me on my journey!
P.S. For more fitness tips and motivation make to sure to like my Facebook page. Thanks and have a great day!