To be succesful at anything in life you have to set a goal and create a plan to achieve it. If you are looking to get fit you are going to have to plan uninterrupted times to workout. Some of you might be starting off, others might be getting back on track, but whatever stage your at set a goal, create a plan, and work for it. It’s creating little habits that lead to bigger successes.
First look at your schedule and plan at least 3 days where you have one hour or two hours blocked off to either go to the gym, complete a workout video, attend boot camp, walk or run around your neighborhood. If three days are all you can afford right now, then do it. If you go more than three days, then do it. Schedule it in your planner. Like they say, think of your workouts as important meetings you’ve scheduled for yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.
If you’ve never been to the gym and just don’t know where to start, try a group class. Every week get out of your comfort zone and try a new class. You might be surprised how much you learn, and you might find a new workout buddy! Sometimes it’s the fear of the unknown that keeps us from reaching our goals.
When planning a workout plan I recommend breaking up your body parts. Your workouts should change monthly to prevent your body from plateauing. As your body changes and becomes stronger you have to challenge it with different things to keep progressing. Here are some helpful links of workout plans from beginners to advanced.
Remember set realistic goals and create a schedule that works for you. Challenge yourself every day, every week, every month to do a little more than you did before. If you want this bad enough you will make the time. It takes 21 days to make a habit, 12 weeks to see changes, and never quit to make it part of your lifestyle. You can do it!
P.S. Follow my Facebook page here for more fitness tips!
First blog post using my new lens my husband bought me for my birthday. It is amazing how a lens can change everything. I highly recommend anyone who is looking to blog to invest in a good lens. It makes taking pictures so much easier because you don’t have to edit as much. These pictures above were done at noon and are unedited. The aperture is amazing, and the clarity of the photos really bring out the detail. Even my first picture which is out of focus looks pretty cool! This outfit is a must have for any Texas girl, and one of my favorite comfy casual to wear to work: boots, cutoffs, a Texas shirt to show your state pride, and of course Kendra Scott earrings to complete the look! I’m a big fan these Rock Revival shorts because of their 3″ inseam. The length is long enough that it is appropriate to wear almost anywhere, and there is a subtle bling back pocket detail that you can dress these shorts up or down.
Hey guys I wanted to share my first ever “Mommy and Me” workout video with ya’ll. This is a fun little video we did outside showing a couple of exercises you can do with with your baby. Jayden loves working out with me. He is at the stage where he is curious about everything and wants to be a part of everything mommy does. Not only is it a great bonding activity with the baby, but it actually helps him sleep through the night. Try it out and let me know what ya’ll think!
3 sets, 1 minute each exercise followed with 1 minute jumping jacks and 1 minute burpees.
Having the denim blues with this fun casual outfit. Why the blues? Because since my previous post my favorite boyfriend jeans is already sold out! I added a link to similar styles below. This embroidered trapeze tops is one of my favorite finds for under $30. I love mixing my dark, light, and navy blues. My gold accessories, and gold sandals accentuate the blue colors in my outfit. I highlighted one of my favorite bracelets from Good Works because it is one fashion statement that donates to a good cause. It comes in so many different colors and styles you will find one to fit your style. Don’t you love when your shopping gives back to the community?
This weekend we embarked on our first family vacation to see the Opening Day of the Texas Rangers. Not only was it Jayden’s first baseball game but it was his Uncle Jeff’s first Opening Day as the Manager of the Texas Rangers. Jayden finally got to meet some of his family near and far who came to support Jeff Banister on his big day. It was a wonderful family reunion, and our little man did great on his first vacation. I couldn’t help but snap shot all of Jayden’s cute baseball outfits he wore to the game, gifted to him by his wonderful family. He enjoyed every moment of it, getting smothered with kisses and spoiled with love. He even walked away with a souvenir Lego action figure of his Uncle from his Honey Do. How cool is that? I know he will appreciate it when he gets older. Baseball runs in his blood and there was no better way to get introduced to the game than getting to share such a proud moment with family.
Three months postpartum and I’m finally ready to get myself back on track. It took me a while to get my body and mind right to where I could take the time to really focus on my fitness goals. I created this personal 90 day program to get back to living a healthy lifestyle. The first 30 days I will be focusing on creating healthy habits. Here are my resolutions for the first 30 days of my 90 day challenge.
My diet resolutions:
This month for my diet, I will not be tracking my macros or calories. Instead I will focus on making healthy choices and creating healthy habits that will set me up for success in the future.
1. I will not eat fast food with the exclusion of Subway or Chic Filay and only once a week. There was a time in my pregnancy where I use to eat fast food everyday, no joke!
2. I will only eat out when I am celebrating with family and friends, and that also means no take out or delivery. When you make eating out a special event, it won’t be part of your daily routine.
3. I will eat protein for lunch and dinner whether its from a protein powder or an animal. Getting enough protein is very important for fat loss and muscle gain. I struggle with it because I don’t like to eat meat. I’m more of a “carbivore”.
My workout resolution:
1. I will exercise for 30 min at least 3 days a week. It doesn’t matter where I work out, if I’m at the gym, at the park, or at home, as long as I work out for at least 30 minutes. Click here for the fitness apps I use for workouts on the go.
2. When I go to the gym I will follow this 30 day total body workout from Fitness RX. Having a monthly plan when I go to the gym saves me time and also allows me to track my progress. You can print it out here.
3. I will attend two group fitness class a moth. I eventually want to teach my own fitness class, and there is no better way to learn than to be part of it. Also I get bored easily and I love trying new things, and group exercise classes are a great way to mix things up!
My mind and spirit resolution:
1. I will go to church at least once a month. Faith has always been important to me and going to church has always helped strengthen my faith. I struggled going to church when I was pregnant and recently went for the first time this year with my family. I want it to be a priority in my life and for my son as well.
2. I will make time to go on dates with my husband on the weeks he has off. I have taken this for granted lately since I’ve had my baby. Sometimes we get so caught up in the baby and doing family things that we rarely take time to spend with just each other. I want to make sure I have a good life balance with my family, my marriage, my work, and fitness.
3. I will not let my situation become an excuse. Its been really easy lately to blame everything on having a baby, my bad moods, my lack of time, or sleep, my unhealthy habits, ect., but I don’t want that to be the reason why I don’t get things done. I know having a child is challenging, but it’s not an excuse. Where there is a will, there is a way.
I am really excited to get back on track and I can’t wait to see my progress in the next 30 days. It won’t be an overnight transformation but each step will help me get closer to my goal. It may take longer than 90 days for me to get to where I want to be, but its a plan to set me up for success. And for any successful fitness transformation, it must be one built on healthy habits. I challenge you to create your own personal 30 day challenge, and challenge yourself to make daily improvements. It takes just a step at a time to eventually get where you want to be. Be patient, work hard, and never give up. What will you do to be a better you?
Thank you for following me on my journey!
P.S. For more fitness tips and motivation make to sure to like my Facebook page. Thanks and have a great day!
This past weekend, my partner in crime and fellow style blogger Margret of Style Girl decided to explore the beautiful campus of Rice Village. As fellow Phi Mu sorority sisters we always shared our passion for photography and fashion. The campus was absolutely beautiful and baby friendly. I took my son with me for the opportunity to capture some “mommy and me” moments. I was surprised to see how many families were there with their young ones taking pictures. It seemed a very common thing for all the students there. They were very kind and didn’t seem to mind when they had to walk around us to avoid being in our photo shoot. It was definitely a challenge sometimes taking pictures with a baby, but I have to thank Margret for capturing some amazing shots and capturing these precious moments with me and my son. The dress I wore is one of my favorite dresses from the Buckle. It is sold out but I did put a link to a dress that is similar. Love the colors and print of the dress. It makes the dress come alive. I had so much fun taking these pictures with Margret and can’t wait for our future collaborations. Check out the some of the pictures I took of my beautiful sister for her blog post below!
1. Nike Training Club – This is my favorite workout app. I love all the different types of cardio, strength, interval, and body specific workout they have. It is great for all fitness levels, beginner, intermediate, and advance. Most of the workouts require no equipment and can be done anywhere at your home, the park, at the gym, or even a hotel room if you travel. It guides you through each workout and has a video and step by step instruction for each exercise. I first fell in love with it as a busy working woman who like many people didn’t have the time to go to the gym everyday, but now as a mom I appreciate it more in a whole new level. I do these workouts with my baby, and he loves being part of my workout routine.
2. Map my Run – This is for the walkers, the joggers, the runners, the explores, the ones who like to take the unbeaten path. Guess what?!? No matter where you go you can always find your way home because it has a live tracking GPS! It’s great for safety reasons, just in case anything happens your friends and family will be able to find you. I loved it because when I was single and living on my own, I felt secure no matter where I went running or what time of day because my family always knew where I was at. I also love how it tracks your pace, your distance, the altitude of your run, and you can compare results with your friends on your app.
3.My Fitness Pal – This is more than just a food diary, it is the largest nutrition and calorie database! I love how you can scan nutrition labels with this app so it makes it easy to track food you buy from the grocery store. If you are a calorie counter or follow IIFYM you will love this app. It breaks down carbs, protein, and fat percentage of your daily intake and you can also set your goals to follow a certain percentage breakdown. It is the easiest food diary app and a must have for anyone working towards a fitness goal.
I highly recommend these apps for anyone at any fitness level. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
P.S. For more fitness tips and motivation make to sure to like my Facebook page. Thanks and have a great day!