This past weekend we celebrated my mother’s birthday by heading to the beach for the first time this summer. We took the little guy for his first experience and he loved it. We also stopped by the strand to do a little window shopping at all the cute beach shops. I bought this super lightweight and fun shark stroller for Jayden. As a mom, investing in a small stroller for site seeing or shopping down narrow isle is a must, and if you have a little boy this is a steal for less than $30! I found this Floral two piece bathing suit cover up on line. I love the material because it dries fast so you can go straight from the beach to the shops. Plus it really coordinated with my Becca off shoulder bikini and these pink polarized ray bands. Check out the rest of the outfit below!
Boat Neck Floral Top With Shorts Women’s Not Rated Sunnyland Sandal
Ray-Ban Sunglasses ORIGINAL AVIATOR
FOREVER 21 Classic Straw Fedora
One Shoulder Trim Bikini (similar style)
Hobo’ Vegan Leather Fringe Crossbody Bag (similar style)
When it comes to Texas weather sometimes wearing pants is not an option, but I found this great alternative with my Ruched pants from Buckle. These are so comfy and can be worn dressed up or down, and great for the mom on the go. I love all the colors because you can coordinate with so many different tops. This look I channeled my inner boho with my favorite fringe purse from my previous post and this must have floppy hat for the summer which I also wore in another post. I love my open back detail to this top, and I got it on sale at Charlotte Russe. As a mother shopping on a budget, you would be surprised what cute things you will find on sale. These black wedges are a must have for any wardrobe and are perfect with pants or a dress like I styled in my previous post. Click on the link below and you can get 45% off these wedges!
Printed Ruched Pants: Buckle/ Open back tank top: Charlotte Russe/ Black Wedges: CiciHot/ earrings: Nordstrom/ bracelets: (similar style)/ floppy hat: Forever21/ beaded bib necklace: Nordstrom/ Fringe Purse: Similar style
This past weekend my sister, friend, and fellow blogger Style the Girl, went downtown to visit some of Houston’s local art scene, and some of Houston Blogger’s favorite photo destinations. I wore this super cute and fun pink dress from Sheinside with my favorite yellow espadrilles from CiciHot, which by the way can be purchased on sale for less than $15 in the link below! Can you believe that? When we went to the Lawndale Art Center, I was amazed at the neon wall art. It was a perfect summer backdrop for this dress. I love bold colors for summer! Also making an appearance on the blog is my new favorite fringe purse from JustFab. It’s already sold out so I posted a similar style! I do a lot of online shopping as a mom. It is so convenient, especially when your schedule revolves around the baby. You can find some great deals for less. Check out my links below!
Saxx Vibe Boxer Briefs – Men’s Accessories | Buckle – This has to be the comfiest boxer briefs for men. Check out their “hammock” technology guys will definitely appreciate.
This month I partnered up with DesignR to promote a positive self image and encourage a happy healthy lifestyle with clothing made for the active style conscious woman on the go. Their motto “Embrace the Turtle”, and “Be comfortable in your own shell,” really speaks to the idea that getting fit is not a race. Everyone’s journey is different, and fitness looks different on everyone. It is not a quick fix. It doesn’t happen over night. It is a every day choice to be healthy and happy and loving yourself every step of the way. Fitness is a way of life.
There are so many benefits to making fitness a priority in your life, not only physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. As a wife and mother, here are my top 5 reasons why I make fitness a part of my life:
1. It lowers my stress levels. As Ell Woods put it, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands.” I know my husband can appreciate this lol.
2. It is something I do for myself. After a long busy day of working and taking care of my family, it’s nice to take 30 minutes for myself to workout. It gives me time to myself where I can wind down and do something to improve myself.
3. It pushes me mentally to be stronger. There are many times where my body wants to give up, but my mental strength has pushed my body where I never thought it could.
4. It strengthens my faith. When all else fails and I feel like giving up, my faith has been the number one factor to keep me going. Believing in something greater than myself has helped me in my fitness journey.
5. And last but not least it gives me confidence in myself. All the factors above contribute to added confidence in my life. I can look in the mirror and know I can make a difference. I have all the right tools God gave me to improve myself daily.
A healthy lifestyle is a happy lifestyle. And fitness has helped me become a better person, a better wife, and a better mother.
Don’t forget to check out the details of my outfit below, and make sure to stop by DesignR and checkout all their cute and comfy active wear!
P.S. The capris I am wearing are reversible and on sale! Check out the colorful print on the other side in my previous post here.
(This post was sponsored by DesignR)
What if I told you the frosting was fat free and protein packed? Yes you can have your frosting and eat it too! Less than 70 calories a muffin and with 9 grams of protein This is a great morning snack to kick start your day! In less than 6 easy steps you can make this delicious treat.
Buy Vardenafil online
Amoxil No Prescription
3 scoops or whey isolate of choice
1/2 cup rice flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup granulated stevia
4 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup fresh raspberries, halved
2 scoops vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbs of vanilla extract
1/3 cup fat-free cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine all cupcake ingredients except the raspberries into a food processor and mix together until smooth. Gently fold in the raspberries and mix together until smooth.
4. Evenly pour into each of the muffin cups and put in oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and tops are firm. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
5. Prepare the frosting by combining ingredients into food processor (or by hand) and blend or mix until smooth. Put in piping bag (if you have one) and place in the fridge to firm up.
6. Squeeze frosting from the piping bag (or simply use a knife or spoon to spread) onto the tops of each of the cooled muffins.
P.S. For more fitness tips and motivation follow me on Instagram @dawnpdarnell_wefit!
This was a fun date night outfit I wore, and it was all about these shorts! I can’t get enough of how cute the ruffle detail and paisley print. Love all the bright summer colors! I found a link to a clutch similar to the one I got on Mother’s Day from Nordstrom. It is one of my favorite summer clutches because it goes with everything. Check out one of my previous post with this clutch here. I love how I dressed it up with one of my favorite cork wedges. By the way you can get 40% off these wedges by clicking on the link below! I love this website. You get cute comfortable shoes for such a great value!
Tan Faux Leather Sling Back Cork Wedges
The Royal Standard Bangle Set/ BKE Red top
Billabong ‘Island Escape’ Print Woven Shorts (Juniors)
Alex and Ani Birthstone Expandable Wire Bangle
Kendra Scott ‘Ripley’ Triangle Stone Bracelet
Street Level Perforated Convertible Clutch
P.S. Follow my instagram @dawnpdarnell for more fashion and style post!
Hey guys so I did this fun product review of Jamberry Nails for a sweet friend of mine. I’ve never tried them until now. I don’t normally get my nails done, I prefer all natural just because I am so active, and do a lot with my hands it is hard to keep nails on. I’m also not a fan of how thick and heavy acrylic or fake nails feel on my fingers. I was pleasantly surprised by how light weight these nails felt in comparison to fake or acrylic nails. It was a ton of fun to sport such a cute design on my nail in the convenience of my own home. The only downside for me, was the application process. It was hard to get some of them to fit straight on my nails, so I had tiny creases on my nails. However, this would make a great investment for someone who loves to do their own nails and change it up with fun and unique designs. For more information, if you are interested in trying this product, click here, and talk to Lyssa one of Jamberry’s independent consultant. Ask how you can become financially independent by working from home and becoming a consultant!