Let’s be honest, it isn’t the easiest thing to get ready let alone be fashionable when you are juggling a baby, let alone multiple kids. But as a mother, I believe you can still be stylish by keeping 5 must have fashion staples in your closet. Pieces that can coordinate with almost anything, yet comfortable for everyday wear, and seemingly effortless look when put together. So mom’s listen up, if you don’t have these things in your closet, here’s an excuse to go shopping!
1. A flowy blouse – You can’t go wrong with a flowy blouse. It’s a classic top that is comfy, easy to dress up or down, and great when you feel a little bloated to wear anything fitted. I love blouses where you can fold the sleeves up like the one I’m wearing. This blouse is a major steal for less than $15! It’s hard not to get one in every color. I had to get my favorite color of course!
2. Reversible tote bag– Can’t decide between brown or black? No worries this tote is reversible! How amazing is that? Totes are a must have when you are a mom. You never know what extra things you might end up stuffing in your purse. For me it’s usually shoes or socks my little one manages to take off during the day. A simple leather tote like this is great for being stain resistant, chew resistant (my baby loves to chew on my purse now that he is teething), and goes great with everything.
3. Perfect fitted skinny/straight jeans – If you don’t have a skinny or straight jean, please go to the Buckle and they will help you find your perfect fit. I know some people are still stuck to their bootcut or flare ways, but skinny and straight jeans are so much more versatile. You can cuff them like a capri, wear it inside boots, or wear them with flats and wedges. I absolutely love my Miss Me destructed skinnies. They are the perfect wash, with a little bit of bling for an added flare. You can get these on sale right now at the Buckle. Plus they are doing a denim promotion where you can get a free backpack for school with a purchase of two jeans. Yes I am partial to Buckle jeans because not only do I wear it, but I have worked with the company for over 5 years and know how much quality and effort goes in every pair. Plus the customer service is exceptional.
4. Cute comfy flats – I love these Valentino inspired flats I bought at the Red Dress Boutique. They are absolutely adorable and go with everything. Perfect for running errands or for work.
5. Accessories – last but not least accessories. It can be as easy as putting on a necklace, earrings, and/or a bracelet. But your accessories make your outfit, so don’t forget to accessorize! Here are some of my must have pieces below.
Michael Kors Brilliance Statement Pavé Midi X Ring
Kendra Scott ‘Ripley’ Triangle Stone Bracelet
Burd Life Aurora Goddess Bracelet
Monogram Initial Necklace (1 letter)- Gold
Wild Diva Lounge Studded Pointed Toe T-Strap Flats
Yellow V Neck Half Sleeve Loose Blouse
Miss Me Cuffed Ankle Skinnies
Street Level Reversible Vegan Leather Tote & Wristlet
So hopefully these 5 must haves will help you look stylish and feel fashionable for whatever the occasion may be. Moms, what are some of your must haves in your closet?
P.S. If you love this post make sure you subscribe to my blog so you can get post like this sent directly to your email. 🙂
As a mother, having a set morning routine is a must for a life that may not always go as planned when you have a child. My morning routine sets me up to have enough energy to last through the day, and also keeps me on course for a healthy lifestyle.
We all know how easy it is when we are on a rush to forget breakfast, the most important meal of the day. And when we don’t have a healthy breakfast it ultimately can lead to an unhealthy spiral. Trust me, I’ve been there, and usually it becomes more costly at the end, and for me it usually ends up spending $15 at Starbucks, on a 200 calorie coffee drink, 300 calorie breakfast sandwich, 420 calorie cheese Danish, and of course I can’t leave without a 170 calorie cake pop, totaling 1090 calories, all just for breakfast. And for someone like me that’s already two thirds of my calorie intake in a day. And trust me all those carbs and sweets will only lead to an energy crash later in the day, and not to mention a build up of fat.
So what do I do to have a healthy start? Here are my 4 steps:
1. Eat a well balance breakfast. If I’m in a rush I have protein cereal. It has a good breakdown of carbs, protein, and fat, and is delicious during these hot summer days. You can see more of what I eat by following my IG or Facebook page.
2. I take my ID life personalized vitamins. I love these vitamins because they are convenient, individual packed for the person on the go, and I save so much more on quality supplements than what you would find if you bought each of your supplements individually. Why is it important to take supplements? Because the normal person does not get all of their daily nutrients through food consumption. You would literally have to eat 10,000 calories worth of healthy foods a day to get all your daily nutrients. If you would like to take a free health assessment click here.
3. Drink water and take it to go. It is easier to drink water when you have it with you at all times. Water keeps you hydrated and also helps keeps you feeling full. I love adding a little IDLife energy to my drink to give me a little boost!
4. Make a protein shake. This is the easiest thing to do and a great way to supplement your meals. All I do is mix water, ice, frozen fruit, Macrogreens, and vanilla whey protein in a blender, and take it to go with me in a tumbler. I swear on protein shakes. They are great for keeping you full, getting your protein in, and it is so refreshing in this hot Texas heat.
It is really that simple of a morning routine. It preps me for a great day with my baby, or a long day of work. What do you do to start your day off right?
I was really thankful to collaborate with Jolie Bohème an online French inspired fashion boutique. The hand picked signature pieces has bohemian influence with a touch of romance. I loved this off the shoulder beautiful floral playsuit I received from Jolie Bohème. Florals and off the shoulder details are two of my favorite trends for the summer. It’s perfect for the summer to dress up with my red patent heels and a nice summer hat. Did I mention it has pockets! I accessorized this outfit with my new favorite initial necklace from I Love Jewelry Auctions. This jumpsuit is perfect for a date night, or brunch with friends. Make sure you check out my previous post and see how I styled a gorgeous gold arm cuff from Jolie Bohème, and also how you can get 25% off your full purchase.
P.S. Have you entered in this awesome give away yet! Make sure you are following my instagram @dawnpdarnell to for your chance to enter!
This past weekend I attended a fellow Houston Blogger, Nikki of Lipstick and Brunch, Summer Social at Lanford Market in Rice Village. It was such a wonderful event, and I loved getting to meet all the other Houston Bloggers at the event. I took my son Jayden to his first blogger event with mommy, and he was such a hit with the girls. He loved being around all the beautiful ladies.
For the event I wore this gorgeous fitted Bar III dress from Macy’s which is on sale for 60% off. I accessorized it with gold and leopard accessories and this super chic Rosalie arm cuff from Jolie Bohème Boutique. For all my wonderful readers, you can get this same cuff and your whole purchase 25% off at Jolie Bohème by typing in the code “DAWN” at checkout. I love adding signature touches that accentuate my personal style. Everyone can wear the same white dress, but it’s how you accessorize it that make it your own. You will see reoccurring pieces with gold and animal prints throughout my fashion blog post. Below are the links to my outfit:
Burd Life Aurora Goddess Bracelet
Jolie Boheme Rosalie Arm cuff
Monogram Initial Necklace Gold
Cat Eye Sunglasses
Rockstud Calf-Hair Sandal, Leopard (similar style)
Bar III Striped Dress
LP BLUE ‘Zoe’ Faux Leather Wristlet
Kendra Scott Naomi Double Ring (similar style)
Michael Kors Brilliance Statement Pavé Midi X Ring
Don’t forget to check out all the cute french inspired fashions at Jolie Bohème and get 25% off of your purchase.
P.S. Stay tuned for this awesome give away! Make sure you are following my instagram @dawnpdarnell to for your chance to enter!
Like most mom’s I want the best for my child, especially when it comes to what I am feeding him. I’m a big advocate in making baby food, not only because of the health benefits with less preservatives, but also because you save tons of money by doing so. An individual container of baby food cost at least $1.50. If you feed your baby 3 times a day for a whole month it would cost you roughly $126. But making your own baby food would save you at least $100 a month. Below I will show you how I make baby food in bulk for the week, using the products below. Consult your pediatrician to make sure your child is ready for whole foods. We started when Jayden was 4 months after getting the ok from our doctor.
I am a big fan of frozen veggies and fruits. They have a great selection of ready to steam veggies from peas, to broccoli, to mix blends that make great baby food. I like to blend veggies and fruit together for taste. Apples and bananas are easy fruits to blend and works well with veggies. It’s honestly personal preference and what your baby likes. Usually for every bag of veggies I mix two apples.
1. Set out bag of veggies and let it thaw out.
2. Once thawed out blend veggies and fruit separately (I use a Nutribullet for all my blending needs)
3. Combine in large tupperware
The smaller tupperware is how I measure out how much to prepare for each meal. I fill 75mml of blended baby food and warm up in microwave or bottle warmer. I mix the food with a scoop of formula and two spoonful of rice cereal for a thicker consistency. The rice cereal is optional, but I like it because it is filling . One bag of veggies usually last him a week.
So for all you Mom’s who want to save money, save time, and give your baby the best, try it out, and let me know what you think! And if you love this simple and easy tip share it with a friend!
P.S. For more healthy tips and fitness advice follow my IG @dawnpdarnell_wefit!
This past week my friends and I went to a Viennese inspired Fashion show at the Houston Art Museum. It was such a fun event supporting upcoming fashion designers in our local community. We met so many fashionable people of Houston with such unique fashion sense. It was an inspiration for this blog post to showcase my fellow fashionista’s outfits to this event.
Three different women, three different body types, with three different styles. We have my beautiful friend Nour in her classic and curvy fit and flare black and white dress. The gorgeous and tall Margret in her romantic ombre maxi. And then there’s me, your petite and colorful blogger in a more Modern chic yellow tunic. Each of us with our own unique personality showcasing our own unique style. No matter your body type, I believe your style should showcase who you are. Find something you feel beautiful in and rock it. Style is away to express who you are without having to speak. What does your style say about you?
Evelyn Knight Large Link Necklace
Tory Burch Robinson Textured-Leather Wristlet Clutch
Tory Burch ‘Robinson’ Double Zip Tote
Sleeveless Stripe Fit and Flare Dress
Call It Spring Ankle Strap Wedge Sandals
Yellow sleeveless Zipper Dress
BKE Rhinestone watch/ Burdlife Bracelet
Michael Antonio Women’s Judah Boot
MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Medium Studded Saffiano Leather Satchel
Kendra Scott ‘Rayne’ Stone Tassel Pendant Necklace
Kendra Scott Black/gold Danielle Earrings
For details on what Margret has on, check out her blog post on Style the Girl!
Below are some pictures we took on the runway with our fellow friends and fashionistas at the fashion show.
Thanks for stopping by and remember Fashion may come and go, but style is forever.
This past weekend we celebrated my mother’s birthday by heading to the beach for the first time this summer. We took the little guy for his first experience and he loved it. We also stopped by the strand to do a little window shopping at all the cute beach shops. I bought this super lightweight and fun shark stroller for Jayden. As a mom, investing in a small stroller for site seeing or shopping down narrow isle is a must, and if you have a little boy this is a steal for less than $30! I found this Floral two piece bathing suit cover up on line. I love the material because it dries fast so you can go straight from the beach to the shops. Plus it really coordinated with my Becca off shoulder bikini and these pink polarized ray bands. Check out the rest of the outfit below!
Boat Neck Floral Top With Shorts Women’s Not Rated Sunnyland Sandal
Ray-Ban Sunglasses ORIGINAL AVIATOR
FOREVER 21 Classic Straw Fedora
One Shoulder Trim Bikini (similar style)
Hobo’ Vegan Leather Fringe Crossbody Bag (similar style)