Sorry I missed Wednesday’s post. With the snow day we had, and some really exciting news I had, it through me off schedule. But today is a special day because our little man turns three today! I cannot believe how time flies when you have kids. I just can’t believe how big Jayden is getting. This past year he has done tumbling, soccer, snowboarding, and currently in swimming, and next month he will start t-ball! This year will definitely be an active one for our little guy. He has so much energy, and he is such a team player. I am one proud momma to see my little guy grow up to be such a smart and sweet little boy. He amazes me everyday with everything he does, and he certainly pushes us to be the best parents we can be. This past month my husband and I went over some family goals we had for this New Year, and today on the blog I am sharing those goals with you plus our beautiful family pictures in Colorado! Can you believe this is a frozen lake behind us? Check out more below!
FAMILY GOALS 2018
1. Volunteer at Our Church – Since we became members of our church last year, this year we wanted to go beyond our normal Sunday church service and give back to our church through volunteering. Even with our busy schedule it is our goal this year to be volunteers at our church.
2. Run a half marathon – My hubby lost 40 lbs last year, and this year we thought it would be great to run a half marathon together. It’s always been a dream of mine, and to be able to share it with my husband is a plus. Plus all this running will keep us in shape for keeping up with our kiddo lol.
3. Family Vacation – We loved having our extended family with us on our vacation, plus it helps having extra hands with an active kiddo. This year we want to continue going on vacation with our family so our son can make memories with his grandparents, aunts, and Uncle. Jayden had the best time in Colorado, and we made memories that will last us for a lifetime.
4. Have purpose with our schedule – This year I want to be more proactive with our schedule, especially our family schedule. With all of our fitness goals, and Jayden’s extracurricular activities, it will be very important for us to have a schedule that promotes family togetherness. I don’t ever want “a busy schedule” to get in the way of us being together as a family.
5. Cook one meal a week at home – This is more a personal goal of mine. Since we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I need to get over my fear of not liking what I cook and just start cooking. I am a horrible cook, and prefer to microwave or eating out, but I know those aren’t usually the healthiest options. I may not be a chef, or a wiz in the kitchen, but there is no excuse for me not cooking at least one meal a week.
SHOP OUR LOOKS:
Can you believe my little guy is three? This weekend will be a weekend of fun with family and celebrating our little man’s birthday. What are your plans this weekend? Also what are some of your family goals this year?
P.S. Subscribe for weekly newsletters so you never miss a single post!