This Saturday I reunited with some of my favorite blogger babes for our annual Blog Societies Brunch. The Blog Societies is one of many blog groups I am part of. It is a great community of bloggers from all over the country who share the same passion for blogging. As a blogger, one of my Top 10 Tips to Success for First Time Bloggers is to join blogger groups. Joining blogger groups helps you surround yourself with like-minded individuals, who are also working towards the same goals you are. It is a great way to make friends, ask for help, and to network with other bloggers. Without all my blogger friends I made along the way I would’t be where I am today. There are so many different blogger groups out there, but here are five blogging groups every blogger needs to join.
1. Facebook Groups – There are tons of blogger specific Facebook groups you can join. It is the easiest way to join and one of the most beneficial to networking. Most blogging groups have weekly blog, social handles shares that allow you to share your blog and also visit other blogs. The easiest way to join is just search blog groups on Facebook and request to join them. Here are some of the one’s I am in: Blogger Share Group, & Bloggers Get Social.
2. Local groups – Facebook groups are the easiest ways to find local groups. Usually you will find groups within groups, and local meet ups for bloggers in a specific area. Houston has tons of local blogging groups that meet up monthly. This is a great way to meet new bloggers, and a great excuse to hit up all the hottest places for brunch! Exp: Houston Bloggers, & Houston Blogger Collective.
3. Niche groups – What do you blog about? Are you a DIY blogger, a fashion blogger, or mommy blogger? Knowing your niche will help in finding groups specific to your blog type. Niche groups can help you find other bloggers just like you, and helps when you have specific questions regarding your niche. Exp: Houston Fashion Bloggers, Top Mommy Bloggers.
4. Influential groups – what are influential groups? influential groups are media companies/groups who seek bloggers to be part of their influencer networks. This is a great way for bloggers to connect with brands and monetize their blog. Examples are : Blogger Babes, HerCampus, Socialfabric, and Pollinate.
5. National groups – National groups are also a great way to find blog conferences you can attend and learn more about blogging. Some examples of national blogging groups are Thrive, Blog Elevated, and The Blog Societies.I love blog conferences because its a great way to learn hands on, and to network with other bloggers who are also learning just like you. You can check out my first blog conference experience here.
If you haven’t joined a blogging group and are serious about blogging, put this on your to- do list. Plus they are tons of fun, and is a great excuse for dressing up and brunching it up with your favorite bloggers. Below are details of my outfit and some pics with some of my favorite blogger babes. 😉
I love this ruffle crop top for the summer. It is from last year so it is sold out, but here is the original post I wore it in.
This cuff from Kendra Scott, and this tassel Guess purse were birthday presents from my family. My shoes are last years and are sold out but I linked similar ones below. Can you tell I am obsessed with gold and yellow.
SIGN UP FOR LIKETOKNOW.IT TO SHOP THE LOOK:
My favorite blogger babes! <3
Follow my Snapchat @dawnpwinston for an inside look at a fashion blogger’s life. Thanks for stopping by!