Let’s be honest, it isn’t the easiest thing to get ready let alone be fashionable when you are juggling a baby, let alone multiple kids. But as a mother, I believe you can still be stylish by keeping 5 must have fashion staples in your closet. Pieces that can coordinate with almost anything, yet comfortable for everyday wear, and seemingly effortless look when put together. So mom’s listen up, if you don’t have these things in your closet, here’s an excuse to go shopping!
1. A flowy blouse – You can’t go wrong with a flowy blouse. It’s a classic top that is comfy, easy to dress up or down, and great when you feel a little bloated to wear anything fitted. I love blouses where you can fold the sleeves up like the one I’m wearing. This blouse is a major steal for less than $15! It’s hard not to get one in every color. I had to get my favorite color of course!
2. Reversible tote bag– Can’t decide between brown or black? No worries this tote is reversible! How amazing is that? Totes are a must have when you are a mom. You never know what extra things you might end up stuffing in your purse. For me it’s usually shoes or socks my little one manages to take off during the day. A simple leather tote like this is great for being stain resistant, chew resistant (my baby loves to chew on my purse now that he is teething), and goes great with everything.
3. Perfect fitted skinny/straight jeans – If you don’t have a skinny or straight jean, please go to the Buckle and they will help you find your perfect fit. I know some people are still stuck to their bootcut or flare ways, but skinny and straight jeans are so much more versatile. You can cuff them like a capri, wear it inside boots, or wear them with flats and wedges. I absolutely love my Miss Me destructed skinnies. They are the perfect wash, with a little bit of bling for an added flare. You can get these on sale right now at the Buckle. Plus they are doing a denim promotion where you can get a free backpack for school with a purchase of two jeans. Yes I am partial to Buckle jeans because not only do I wear it, but I have worked with the company for over 5 years and know how much quality and effort goes in every pair. Plus the customer service is exceptional.
4. Cute comfy flats – I love these Valentino inspired flats I bought at the Red Dress Boutique. They are absolutely adorable and go with everything. Perfect for running errands or for work.
5. Accessories – last but not least accessories. It can be as easy as putting on a necklace, earrings, and/or a bracelet. But your accessories make your outfit, so don’t forget to accessorize! Here are some of my must have pieces below.
Michael Kors Brilliance Statement Pavé Midi X Ring
Kendra Scott ‘Ripley’ Triangle Stone Bracelet
Burd Life Aurora Goddess Bracelet
Monogram Initial Necklace (1 letter)- Gold
Wild Diva Lounge Studded Pointed Toe T-Strap Flats
Yellow V Neck Half Sleeve Loose Blouse
Miss Me Cuffed Ankle Skinnies
Street Level Reversible Vegan Leather Tote & Wristlet
So hopefully these 5 must haves will help you look stylish and feel fashionable for whatever the occasion may be. Moms, what are some of your must haves in your closet?
P.S. If you love this post make sure you subscribe to my blog so you can get post like this sent directly to your email. 🙂